OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21ft Eagle tunnel hull (1/5th scale)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snikwah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: 21ft Eagle tunnel hull (1/5th scale) Reply with quote

Well I still haven't managed make my 1/5 scale mixed flow jetpump yet but my friend Craig at Swashdrive put one of his hydrojets in my hull with a twin inline 52cc engine putting out ~11hp

The pictures below have a 1/4 scale V8 in it but is more of a show pony engine and doesn't have the performance of the monster twin.

We are used to having very good handling with our model jetsprint style hulls but the Marathon hull seems to be much more of a handful.

There is a 2Mb movie and more pictures posted on my model jetboat forum which shows the bow hooking up and turning sharply.

Has anyone had these problems on their full size hulls? Could it be to do with the Center of gravity or maybe the position of the intake?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers

Peter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

dont worry the full size boats are a handful too Laughing
WILSON

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing, mate!!

From what I see in the movie clip, I can tell the model boat handles pretty much the same as the full size boat. Of course, the engine power/weight ratio of the model seems much higher than the full size boat.

It looks like the model accelerates much quicker than a full size. The feeling on the control must, obviously, be quite different.

Tunnel hulls are very lousy at tight corners if compared to sprint or vee hulls, so the model is good as it replicates the full size boat.

And yes, the position of the weight does affect boat handling.

Kev-o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thing is awesome! looking at the bottom pics the model has the intake opening much further forward than our tunnels, which has the back of the intake grate out the back of the boat! very nice stuff, i can't believe what you guy's can make.

marathon7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.99 KB
 Viewed:  876 Time(s)

marathon7.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: