OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working too much sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Working too much sucks Reply with quote

Is anyone else working WAY too much these days. I've only been out on the river 6 times this year. I know a guy should not complain about too much work, but there should be a limit in the short little summers that we have.

12-22.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.55 KB
 Viewed:  941 Time(s)

12-22.jpg

mountainman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya!!!!! Only been on the river a couple times once here and a couple times in Terrace. The rig I am working on is shutting down in a day or 2 for meetings but the boss wants to put me out somewhere else for a few days. Rolling Eyes

The rivers calling and cellphones don't work down there!!!! Twisted Evil
DOC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here baldy, looks like you got a real cluster---- goin on there!!!
Dano

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Dave. I hear ya. My lease looks just like yours. Getting days off this summer isn't looking good. I'm not complaining to much either, cause we all know how fickle the patch can be. Crying or Very sad
Gator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you guys CAN work and you are better off than I am. Can't work and on some days I am only able to stand for a few minutes. I am not that much older than you and it is rocking chair time already and I cannot even get a senior discount at Sizzlers. Now that really sucks. Sorry you cannot get time on the river, but you know the ol saying if you have the $$$ you don't have the time and if you have the time you don't have the $$$.

Gator
Unsinkable 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: always working Reply with quote

am feeling kind of bad that I have a nice boat sitting there beside the house and the weather has been nice, but only been out 1 time this year since things have been so busy lots of overtime. On the bright side it gives us something to daydream about while were working.
mountainman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the meetings are canceled and they still want to shut down for the long weekend!!!! Hopefully if everything goes right I will be on the river this weekend Very Happy Just got to make sure the boss don't send me out for someone else!!!
KJet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. guys this might be worth a shot it seemed to work for me. After reading the posts on Monday before last I realized I was falling in to that boring boy syndrome from to much work. I asked the boss if he would like to go for a little boat ride that night after work, the answer was "yes and I'll bring along my son-in-law because he's always good for a six pack".

We meet at the ramp after dinner and spent the rest of the evening bouncing of the bottom jumping over a dam and spilling more of the son-in-law's beer than we drank. They both got to drive as much as they wanted, seamed to have a good time, and we pulled out right at dark.

The next day the boss was telling everyone in the office about how much fun he had on his trip.

Then last Friday he told me if I pro missed to go boating over the 4th weekend I could take an extra day off. Hey, I took him up on it.

Now, I don't want Lead-Man to feel bad, but I put in on the Colorado at the tunnels in De Beque Canyon and ran to Glennwood Springs and back.

Best trip yet in the new boat, those rapids just keep getting bigger and closer together the farther you go, Really hated to turn around but I was running short on fuel and daylight.

Thanks Boss,

Kjet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: