OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N. Sask. this year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
into rivers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: N. Sask. this year Reply with quote

Anyone know if the N. Sask. is flowing in Rocky yet? Is the Saunders launch clear?
hardhitter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wont be open for at least a few weeks...Its been way too cold.
river rat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with H H the launch in drayton will be about 2 weeks as well as soon as it is open I will post info
Medicine Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Rocky Launch ??? Reply with quote

Did you guys in Rocky ever get a decent spot to launch your boats yet ?
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the river just started to flow under the bridge this week, lots of ice yet, and the town won't push the ice out of the ramp yet because of the cluster f that went on here last year so it may be a while yet in town.

saunders is dependent on the amount of snow on the road, chances are probably not good, but the bridge on the trunk road is generally ok, we have used it in march before. haven't seen any boats moving at all around town.

if someone happened to go down and skid those concrete blocks out of the way, the new one on the west side would be useable after the ice melts. its a great spot, lots of water, don't have to back very far at all, concrete on the ramp, no tubers, safe, nice bank to tye to, adequate parking, close to the gas station and refreshment store ! I would.... but they think I dug in the ramp and they are watching me ! I am the only one in the country here with an orange hoe ! ! was I part of picking the spot, yes, was I part of flagging the spot so that the political powers could see where we were talking about? yes, did I take the political powers to the spot ? yes, did I get a grant to help with the cost? yes , a permit from the coastguard, yes, do we have letters of support from the town, police, fish and wildlife, chamber of comerce, search and resque, canoe club. yes ,yes ,yes, was I the first one to launch after it was dug in , yes, did I dig it in? NO NO NO !! am I disgusted..............
into rivers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went and checked it out. Good news is the launch is in great shape, no ice or snow. Bad news is that RT is right, theres about a foot of hard packed snow on the road most of the way down. I used a quad to get there.
At least it's melting now.

Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the launch on the east side of the bridge is a go, was down there yesterday and the ice is pretty much gone
Boomhower

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to do a river camping trip may long. The launch at the water treatment is still useable? I was also wonder if anyone new how for of a run it is up the N. sask from Rocky to the trunkroad? and from there to the Bighorn Dam?
Hines

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam thinking 3hrs to trunk rd,then an hour or so to dam,way to many stops so my times are just a stab in the water,if your going that far you could put in at trunk road good launch.but dont forget its may L it will be very busy up their,sorry CRAZY,its been 5yrs since weve been to the ball diamond for may long,had many camp outs their,hope its still being looked after its a great spot,then again their all great up their.Later.
Boomhower

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say The Ball Diamond? Where abouts is that? A buddy told me just up stream of the Devils elbow is a nice spot. Also I was wondering how far up stream from Rocky is the ram river?
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ball diamond is about 10 minutes up from the trunk road on the south bank, quite often a boat or two or three there on the long weekends

there are a few places, but if they are good then the canoers have all of the firewood burnt, so make sure you have some way to cut wood as you may have to haul some

the ram is about an hour and five or ten, devils elbow is about fifty , fifty five or so, whiskey island is about an hour and twentyfive thirty
Boomhower

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is whiskey island treed with any cover? Could a guy camp on the island?
You say an hour and a bit to the Ram? If the water is high enough to run can you still get under the North Fork Rd bridge? I have a Lynx I just got put together, Gettin ready to go. Thanks guys for your info!!!
Rapidchaser

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Boomhower,
The picture in my siggy is whisky island,
We camped there many a time lots of water

Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the island is treed,a nice place, but you will have to haul wood

the bridge on the NF road is about 12/15 feet above the water,
a race boat went up about 30 minutes in the 1995/96 ? world race, to the first falls, but the river was in full flood,the support boat that chased them had to come down off of step to get under the bridge,
more water out of the ram than the n sask, normally there isn't enough to make it worth while, I know a couple of guys have gone up a ways but not too far, its kind of like a pinball game, and if the water is up at all it's generally dirty
into rivers

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiked in there from the road a couple of weeks ago. The wood that I cut and hauled last Oct. was still there. If I'm there with a blue Muskwa come on in, there's lots of room.
I agree with RT, Ram looks pretty skinny and bumpy normally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: