OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok..stupid question time..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Ok..stupid question time.. Reply with quote

When are you supposed to use Ballast tanks and why? Might be a stupid question.. but get used to it...I have a few more Laughing Why do you need to keep fiddling with the water and oil temp valves when I assume they could be set up for a automatic temperature control?
allblowdup

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballast tanks can be used to help for hole shot and can be used to help on windy days if you do not have wings. Some boats are setup with automatic controls while others need the valves adjusted.
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are the canards better? if so how much are they to install. Seems like they would be a lot faster to change lift or down force on the hull?? These valves are a pain in my ass trying to keep the engine at 180* and the oil at 220* ..I'm steady messin with them, then I get into somethin that I need 2 hands for and I forget about it until I look over and see the engine at 200 + then fiddle with the damn valve slowly to not shoot a bunch of cold water into a really hot block. I think I'm gonna have my pecker removed and attached to my back..I think I could run it better behind me now after all this fiddlin around with these damn valves. Rolling Eyes
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOLIGAN wrote:
So are the canards better? if so how much are they to install. Seems like they would be a lot faster to change lift or down force on the hull?? These valves are a pain in my ass trying to keep the engine at 180* and the oil at 220* ..I'm steady messin with them, then I get into somethin that I need 2 hands for and I forget about it until I look over and see the engine at 200 + then fiddle with the damn valve slowly to not shoot a bunch of cold water into a really hot block. I think I'm gonna have my pecker removed and attached to my back..I think I could run it better behind me now after all this fiddlin around with these damn valves. Rolling Eyes

Rum and Coke.......all over the keyboard Laughing Laughing Very Happy
DOC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your runnin wide open the load on your motor stays the same, once you have em set you dont have to fiddle with em much. If you find a decent navigator he or she can run em. You still have to keep an eye on the gauges though, i seen my oil temp hit 300 more than once, then the big right arm would come out and wake up my liquor pig navigator. I swear to god i think he was sleeping more than once. You should have a block pressure gauge if you dont have one already so you dont over pressure it. Come to whitecourt youll learn a lot.
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOC wrote:
If your runnin wide open the load on your motor stays the same, once you have em set you dont have to fiddle with em much. If you find a decent navigator he or she can run em. You still have to keep an eye on the gauges though, i seen my oil temp hit 300 more than once, then the big right arm would come out and wake up my liquor pig navigator. I swear to god i think he was sleeping more than once. You should have a block pressure gauge if you dont have one already so you dont over pressure it. Come to whitecourt youll learn a lot.

So far the only thing I been running wide open is my Wallet. This sucker is thirstier than than the crowd at the legion when I walked in with my freaking hat on! Very Happy Put in the Peace last night and peeked into the boat and water was coming in faster than the bilge pumps could pump it out..I managed to break the silicone bead around transom plate. 5 dollar shit seems to wreck my days more times than I can count, same as my mud truck. I know I pressured the block cause when I went to cool the block the damn valve was almost closed. There's a bowl pressure gauge that's plugged with sand and I need to clean out. I'm gonna install a relief valve so I don't need to worry about over pressuring it. The oil level in the reservoir is way down for some reason but there is no milk in it??? There is a pressure gauge but it's on the motor itself and needs to be located on the dash. I'm going to change the oil here today and maybe head out with Gord Humphrey here in FSJ. I foresee an expensive learning curve ahead ..lol Pretty cool crowd of people I've met so far on the water and in general with these boats! I'm trying to make the races but Suncor is flat out stupid busy and may not get a chance to.

DOC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Gord will help you out, hes the only guy i know whos blown up more motors than me !!
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOC wrote:
Right on, Gord will help you out, hes the only guy i know whos blown up more motors than me !!

Met him yesterday and another wing nut named Bob that runs an unlimited. Good dudes! Took me up the Moberly River..er..creek...er... stream ..er....water path...Have him tell you about the "camping" trip.. 2 words...shit show! The more aluminum boat people I meet ...The more I realze ..I'm not the only knucklehead out there Laughing I went through about a grand in fuel yestereday, broke a toe tryin to push that damn sportjet free after falling over in the river about 10 tmes.. water logged a motorola razor and broke my back up phone in half. Slept in a bed of ashes and woke up hung over and starvin and covered in ashes. good time ..LMFAO

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're fitting in, Jeff. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
HOOLIGAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Man wrote:
Sounds like you're fitting in, Jeff. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

A man was once quoted as sayin..F%$* me a runnin..LMAO and that sums up last night... Good times! That contraption of mine needs some tweakin for sure.!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: