OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuchodi Lakes Trip (Last week of June)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Tuchodi Lakes Trip (Last week of June) Reply with quote

Clips from our last trip to Tuchodi. Mostly vid of the river running into the upper lake and around the Falls. Moose, elk, and deer right at camp. There had to be at least 26 boats up there. The fishing was pretty slow, but we did manage to catch a few Dollies. Met some great guys from other camps, and a good time was had by all.
It's very difficult to condense a week long trip into 6 minutes, so I had to cut lots of material. However, I think you will enjoy the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSS8wNr2Kig

RD
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.
Nice meeting you up there on the weekend, after getting stuck for the 2nd time, leaving the 2nd lake, errrr... we made it 18.6 miles (gps) up past the 2nd lake, was pretty difficult finding a place to turn around up there with the wee boats, falls are wicked, we got some great shots, got to figure out how to post the on youtube yet, I got one of those helmet cams you have, Hey a bunch of us from the whitecourt club along with some of the crazys from Red Deer are going up the Brazeau to the falls on the Aug long weekend, why don't you pack up the missus and the kids and come along, see if storming Norman wants come along, going to be a blast
Rock Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Karey
I wish I had heard about that trip a little sooner, I am already triple booked for the long weekend (Fishing trip, Friends visiting, and Grizzly Fest in Tumbler). BUT, lets assume my plans fall through, how would I go about hooking up with you guys? Is it a family trip kinda thing? (3 kids under 5 yrs old makes this kinda important). Norm and Brad are also planning to hit the Grizz Fest in Tumbler.

18.6 miles past the second lake is a good distance, I don't think I've been that far up. Did you see the old "Engineers" cabin? Left hand side, a little past the falls.

Make sure you get some high capacity batteries for your head-cam, they make a huge difference, and you can get "high Speed" memory cards as well.

What did you think of the "Race Boat" clip that I posted in the video section? I have received lots of good comments on it so far.
Thanks again, I don't think I've ever had that much fun with my pants on before. The kids will remember it for a long time, I'm sure.

RD
TR Blue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also at Tuchodi Lake July 1 week end Was a great trip. Here are some vids we took.

The end of Part 3 best part. Craig took his boat to base of Tuchodi Falls up the creek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZfCtrN8sfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrE-iUpCsrc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX5Ij5PETyw

Good vid RD

Rock Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TR Blue wrote:
I was also at Tuchodi Lake July 1 week end Was a great trip. Here are some vids we took.

The end of Part 3 best part. Craig took his boat to base of Tuchodi Falls up the creek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZfCtrN8sfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrE-iUpCsrc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX5Ij5PETyw

Good vid RD

You got some good clips Very Happy
Looks like you camped in the exact same place we stayed on one of our trips a couple yrs ago. This trip we were in the little sheltered bay. We did see you guys, but never really had a chance to stop in. Nice fish.
TR Blue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like wise. Where you was camp in the exact same place we stayed on one of our trips a couple yrs ago. In the little sheltered bay.

I tried to talk Rory P. in coming up but he had some friends from PG up and had plans to go to cabin at Maxhamish.

I use to live in the log house just up the road from you Moved down to TR about 7 years ago. Too bad I will Not be here when you come down to Grizz Fest Could of took you down river to the Cabin. We are going down to Skeena and Kalum river fishing Then have a charter booked Salmon and Halibut fishing in Prince Rupert.

Rock Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TR Blue wrote:
Like wise. Where you was camp in the exact same place we stayed on one of our trips a couple yrs ago. In the little sheltered bay.

I tried to talk Rory P. in coming up but he had some friends from PG up and had plans to go to cabin at Maxhamish.

I use to live in the log house just up the road from you Moved down to TR about 7 years ago. Too bad I will Not be here when you come down to Grizz Fest Could of took you down river to the Cabin. We are going down to Skeena and Kalum river fishing Then have a charter booked Salmon and Halibut fishing in Prince Rupert.

LOL, I also tried to talk Rory into hitting Tuchodi with us, but he just couldn't make it.
I have one of the lots right next to him at Max, and headed out there right after we got back from Tuchodi. We spent 2 weeks out there, Rory and his family were there for part of that trip.
We should be in TR from the 1-4, and are planning to run the boats up to the falls on the 4th. When are you back from Rupert? It sound like there will be at least a half dozen of us running the river.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.
I haven't seen the post of race boat, but Ill look, we will be camping at the dam south of Lodgepole, kinda south west of Drayton Valley, if you take the kids ups the Tuchodi, shouldn't have any problems on the Brazeau, waves are quite a bit larger and a few sharper corners than the Tuchodi but all in all a really sweet river, my ph # is 780-778-1465 if you guys can make it, might be whiskey involved (Richard is going to be there also), I stopped at the cabin just above the falls, didn't look used since last year, nice spot tho
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: