OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manitoba Jet Boating?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarkiwis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Manitoba Jet Boating? Reply with quote

Anyone done much boating around central Manitoba / Northern Saskatchewan. Aound Prince Albert, The Pas, Thompson.

That is were all my family are from. What are the rivers like up this way?

Cheers
Brian
reverse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Eastern Manitoba; Lee River which is just east of Lac du Bonnet; but have spent time in and around The Pas and Thompson. Most of the river systems around where I live are not the shallow gravel bottomed rivers like you may see in Alberta and B.C. We have deeper rivers with granite reefs and boulders. We often do a 38 mile run to get to some awesome fishing; there are about 50 reefs and some easy rapids. You gotta know where your going. The depth can change from 80 feet to 1 foot in a heartbeat. There are some smoothe topped granite ledges and some beaver dams that can be fun to play on. There are other shallower twisty rivers but most have a loon crap bottom and branches, weeds etc. which are OK but sometimes cause the jet alot of grief. Up north around The Pas, Thompson and Flin Flon I have found some neat spots to boat but again mostly bigger waters than mountain type streams.
reverse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea; forgot to ask; where are you from? We do alot of sledding here in the winter and we also get polar kiwis
Polarkiwis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in Winnipeg but now live in Christchurch NZ.

My Grandad and various aubties and Uncles live up around Crandberry Portage between Flin Flon and The Pas. Like you say I bet it is hard boating in the streams up there as they may not have much flow and would hide the hard bits of granite underneath.

Would be fun to go exploring up there though.

Cheers
Brian
reverse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with the Cranberry Portage area. We used to sled dogs professionally and did alot of racing in Northern Manitoba before we started doing the U.S. / Alaska or Europe tour.
What's the jettin like there??

Polarkiwis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know? Was hoping some one could tell me. last time I was there it was all Lunds and outboards
reverse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still alot of Lunds and outboards as you call it aroung the Cranberry Portage area. If you go to the Thompson area you can find some swift rivers with a few rapids but they're not in abundance. Actually Polar I was wondering what the boating was like where you are now.
GB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi’s can’t fly “Polarkiwis flies” he also jet boats “Actually Polar I was wondering what the boating was like where you are now maybe the web board on www.nzjetboating.com could show and explain a few things! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: