OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salmon River race
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Salmon River race Reply with quote

I heard last night that Dale won overall and first in FX class. He said it was a great race and the people were awesome. He was rather gunned up but said all was good. Alumi-man ran like a wildman and won SJ class and 4th overall. He was the wildman of the race!! Jesse had a few hairy moments, but I'm sure that he will tell us his own story. I hear that James came in second in their SJ boat.
Have a safe trip home everyone.
Gator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a good time and saw some good racing, was expecting to see the Bald Man there however he never showed up after he said he was coming. From that viewpoint Baldy you now owe me TWO beers. Heard you had to work and that comes first.

Gator
G~FORCE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS! come on guys if nobody posts any pics of this race i will be SORELY disappointed! more than i was to miss the races!
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things were a little busy in the boat, so don't have any personal pics. HOWEVER, here is a link to the pro pics that Frank Mignerey took. Available for looking at and purchase. Check out Jesse going negative(IMG_2365.JPG-page 3).....look for Saturday 3rd leg-Confluence-

http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/gallery.jsp?gid=768a5498ce7cab8268be

He is kind of doing an imitation of what looks like a Poseidon ICBM launch.......... Shocked

"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"

Last edited by SouthIdahoGary on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be some video footage forthcoming eventually. Frank's Photos was working on one. The Poor Boys Racing guys had 8 cameras on various parts of the Salmon and NTJETBOATER had sent boat cams with Xerophobic. I know one was in Jesse's boat at one time. Xerophobic and Leadvilleone had one going in their SJ quite a bit. Some others also....
"faster, Faster, FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of DEATH"#163 "Tuff-n'-Nuff"
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick post with results------

Leg money paid $75.00 per leg plus the boat show counted as a leg. If you completed all the legs and were at the boat show you got a $600 payment! No matter the class or what you were driving. Plus the purse....!!!

Finish by class

A Class-
1) Provost Bros #182 (had a run <5:30)
2) Bagshaw and Soule #277 (also had run<5:30)
3) Ringer and Kulac #309 (record run was actually 5:16 and told me the suction broke all the way around just in front of the wear ring-he was running a Harding adjustable nozzle and the "A" motor from Leo Wright's 2003 Worlds in Mexico)

B Class-
1) Labrum Bros #163 (ran all legs-best leg 5:53)
2) Longfellow and Miller #169
3) Hanlin and Davis #188
4) Bogner and Barker #177

FXBB
1) Saxon and Niklason (second overall -by 31 seconds-ran all legs) #70
2) Sam and Ashley Heath #69

FXSB
1)Dale Whiteside and Ralph (aka "Chief")from the Liquifire team (first OVERALL-ran all legs-IDAHO CUP winner) #140
2) Boice and Kemp (ran all legs) #07
3) George and Leninger (ran all legs) #13
(can't remember the rest of the order of finish-but there were some blistering runs by almost all the FXSB guys. Some had run the course in about 6:15 Ruddick and Pabst come to mind. The Kwik Kraft hulls just crashed through on Sunday full blast )

Sport Jet
1)Richard and Elaine Grant (Canadian husband and wife team had clicked off some 7:07 runs-ran all legs-first time ever racing-Richard can REALLY drive that SJ) #24
2)Dorner and Laughlin (missed only one leg-this is the team from Michigan and Ontario , Canada-first race ever-Mark maybe could have been faster, but he was too busy grinnin') #22
3) Weaver and Messick #08

Show and Shine awards-
Team Unpredictable #277-Best Overall-Gorgeous handmade trophy-Bald Eagle carved from a moose antler and mounted on a whiteail antler.

Team Liquifire #169-Best Paint

Missed who won the other one. Maybe Rich can post that one....my apologies to Buzz Hardy for not being there and paying better attention Embarassed . I think I was trying to hunt down a dessert........ Embarassed

Last edited by SouthIdahoGary on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
SouthIdahoGary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse is again writing an article for publication in Hot Boat Magazine to accompany Frank's pictures of the Salmon River Race. Get your subscription up to date or watch the newsstands. Probably be the June or July issue....
Gator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some footage of first leg on sat and first leg on Sunday, then my camera gave up the ghost. Since I cannot post, don't have the equipment I will try to get it to "X" and see what he can do with it. It was a good race and some excellent driving by all. To all who raced, drivers and support staff, thank you for some fine racing and entertainment. To the people of Riggins, thank you for everything. Xerophobic, I need you to pm me so I can get an addy to send you some film of the races.

Gator, n Crochet Kitten.
Hitnrun
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am uploading a video of one leg of timezone to rlsmarine.com right now. it should be available to view/download in about 45 minutes from now.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS

Last edited by Hitnrun on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe and sound in MI tonight, just pretty tired. long drive altho Mark is such a driving machine I can hardly complain. Didn't drive anywhere near half the time.
Had a total blast, this trip was so worth it. Not sure what was better, being away from work for the first time in ages, the people or the racing, oh and the town, Riggins rocks! I'll post more when im back in toronto.
Baldy you %$#%y where the heck were ya?!
What a blast

Cheers

G~FORCE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet vids@! looks like a good turn out despite the rain. thanks H&R!
Hitnrun
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. I have some more video but most of it didn't turn out that great. I will post it anyways when I get around to it. I am actually encoding the video i posted again to make it look better and maybe smaller.
________
Medical Cannabis Seeds

Last edited by Hitnrun on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gforce man, I missed ya, was asking around if you made it.

The race was awesome, everyone was more friendly than even i had imagined, and i was expecting people to be pretty nice!

Im home in Toronto no with no issues along the way. Will post more later, a certain cutey wants to take me out to dinner haha
Cheers

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good road trip James. Glad you had a good time and seen the scene. I would have liked to get there but had another commitment that I could not escape. Keep on dodging them fishermen. Shocked Shocked
BM
Xerophobic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I lived thru the first day back at work and life unfortunately slowly returns to normal. Had some things to say about the trip...

First off thanks so much to everyone that helped put this thing together. It was all I expected and more. I have somewhat followed the re-organization of the race for 2 years now and wanted to attend with my tunnel last year but was not able to have it ready, its still not

Rich and Kim you are some of the nicest people Ive ever met. Im not surprised this race is drawing more boats with you at the helm. Im sure it will continue to do so with your devotion and passion for it. Maybe it will grow enough you can hold the next US worlds and use the old school long course (HINT HINT)

The town of Riggins was just awesome, one cannot feel more welcome that far from home. Everyone at the Seven Devils, Summerville's etc were just awesome. Everyone that bought us food/drinks and thanked us for coming from so far, all I can say is you make it so easy to want to again!

The teams and crews: I cannot even remember the names of half the people I met because there we so many friendly people asking about our travels and interested in how far we'd come etc. The drive seemed like nothing I can assure you. Thanks to all that gave us preruns and made sure we knew sorta what 'not to do' on the course(even tho Im sure we did some of those things anyway lol)

Dean Saxon for the ride in Adrenaline Rush, I'll be seeing you on the water in the near future, hopefully running neck and neck in BBFX(I wish). Hope you can make room for Ford next to ya Wink

Gary and co you were as much as I had expected and more. As helpful as you are on line and a heck of a nice guy(s) to boot. I seriously appreciate all you bring to the race in terms of excitment and experience. Your family was a treat to camp next to and thanks for making sure my tent didn't blow away! Your little buffet after the race was awesome.

Everyone's concern for our safety and well being was almost unreal.
I simply had the best time and would do it again next week in a heart beat, hell I'd probably drive twice as far. Another huge thanks to the safety boats and crews that made sure we would be attended to if needed, thankfully you were not overworked.

Our fellow SJ'ers were also great, the crazy canucks from out west and Gary Weaver, Mike and crew, also a super nice guy(s) and balls of steel for challenging the Salmon in that 15 foot boat. I'll think of you anytime someone says they are too old to do/try something, HA you show em Gary! I hope you enjoyed the canuck beers, you deserved them.

Dale and the Eagle/Outlaw crowd, was great to put faces to names of people I feel like I already know. Im sure it won't be the last time we cross paths and hopefully its very soon, I look forward to it. Dale next time we rig your boat with a cam tho can you do SOMEthing "wrong" to add some excitement . The footage was almost too perfect. haha Heather Im offering free trailer backup lessons when I get out west if you're still in AB lol Also thanks so much for the warm/dry place Sat night. I have a thing about snow covered tents :O

Last but certainly not least thanks to Mark for giving me the chance to experience the race. Hopefully Harrison won't hold it against me for too long that I stole his seat. It was the ride of a lifetime Mark and thanks for not killing me. I will ride with you anytime. We just have to beat those pesky Albertans next time! (Ok maybe the flags WERE too much drag, hmmmm ) I had a blast on the trip and you're a great guide, thanks so much for showing me parts of Colorado etc tourists likely don't get to see. Running the Colorado R in the SJ was just a huge bonus. Drinkin in Utah I'm not so sure about....

(Next time we go for beers on the way home we should stop in Canada tho Wink )

Cheers everyone

(If anyone I met out there wants a DVD of my boating adventures by all means PM me with an address. The bars in town need not make requests they are in the works)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: