OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ospika river

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Ospika river Reply with quote

I'm heading up to Williston lake and want to run the Ospika. Looking for any words of wisdom from people who have been there done that.Thanks
bonecracker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fishing at the mouth of the river, not bad for rocks etc., only go as far as the mouth of the canyon. Once you hit the canyon turn back. Watch for goats on the river, not much activity up there these days and they will come down to the water.

Have fun.

wriver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Where to you launch Reply with quote

I've wanted to come up from Idaho and jet boat up Williston Lake. Where do you launch? East or West side and how far up the Lake before you launch? Jens - Boise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back about 6 or 7 years ago. Fishing was good on the river where the two creeks run in on the right hand side, we were hammering big dollies up there, the bigger the hook the bigger the fish, take big ass Pike hooks. If the place was not so remote I would have shot the ledge in the canyon, but comming down would be tricky, it was only about a 4 foot drop when I was there. We launched at the Finely forks, it's a rough old road up from Mackenzie, so just take your time. There are alot of fun rivers to run, The Wicked river has nice water falls + jetboat camping at falls. Only issue is that some of the rivers get plugged with log jams. The wind on lake can be brutal also, I camped up there for 7 days, and 3 days there was too much wind to go out accross lake. Cool
wriver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Distance and travel time? Reply with quote

Any idea on the road distance and travel time from Mackenzie to Finlay Forks?
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Ospika river Reply with quote

Thanks for the info fellas.The drive from Mackenzie is about 70-80 km and can take up to 2 hours towing a boat depending on the road conditions
wriver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Distance from Finlay Fork to upper in of lake and beyond. Reply with quote

One last question or two, maybe. What is the distance from Finlay Fork to upper end of Williston Lake? Can you run the river up towards Ware? Thanks for the info.
jimigermanson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Ospika river Reply with quote

It's about 70ish miles and I've been quite a ways up the Finlay and it's good going. Never made it as far as Fort Ware though.
wriver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at a 1997 23' Northwest jet boat built here in the NW US with an 80 gallon below deck fuel tank and will probably add a 40 gallon cross tank in front of the engine. Hoping that will give me a good range for extended travel up north. Thanks for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: