OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rocky Boat Launch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shallow draft

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Rocky Boat Launch Reply with quote

There has been some improvements made to the boat launch at Rocky Mountain House on the west side of the river.
When a local boater pushed out the flood ice from this boat launch he put in some concrete pads in to prevent erosion and make access much easier. There would have been more sections of concrete installed but the authorities put a stop to the work. Seems you need a permit to improve a boat launch.
So anyway it is very much an improvement and for all to enjoy. If you do happen to use this launch it would be helpful for us from Rocky if a call to the town office could be made in support of this much needed launch. Also this land is owned by TransAlta and we need to respect that. Please do not leave any extra garbage in the area and maybe even help pick up some of the mess the local party pigs have left.

The more this site is used by responsable boaters the harder it will be to take it away!!!!

knuckledragger

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this launch located?
Riverskeeter

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful is we had an email address to send messages of support to the local tourist assc. or to the Town's recreation department.
shallow draft

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverskeeter wrote:
It would be helpful is we had an email address to send messages of support to the local tourist assc. or to the Town's recreation department.

Letters of support could be sent to the Chamber of Commerce

rmhcofc@rockychamber.org

or Todd Becker Director of special projects

tbecker@rockymtnhouse.com

shallow draft

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knuckledragger wrote:
Where is this launch located?

This launch is located on the west side of the new bridge on 11a.
As you come into Rocky turn west on highway 11a [Corner has shoppers drug store and the Treasury Branch kitty corner to each other] you will come to the river and bridge. Turn right as soon as you cross the bridge just before West End RV[fellow boater] and another right and there you are.

Lets see lots of boats on the river this weekend.

jack

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: river launch Reply with quote

Oh yes those rules
Here in devon at the launch the other day I mentioned to a few guys unloading that , " it sure would be nice if the launch would go with the flow of the river instead of straight in , like a lake . Even run the concrete pads further so you don't have to drive off them to get the boat deep enough
. Well I was told that then special applications would be required as that becomes federal, studies to be done etc. Also that there are no such plans in the works . Oh but the two wheel drives that dig everything up trying to get traction and get out of the extreme incline aren't a cause for concern I guess.
Sometimes the stories we are led to believe as truths by the so called people in charge just kill me , ,and when you call bullshit they call you aggressive end of argument
Moral
It's ok to lie and belittle peoples thoughts just avoid reality at all costs to cover the buerocrats . Half the bush was torn down in the area to provide special events areas , we havent had one there yet mind you . This is our lions club looking out for all our family needs for proper activities and events I guess .
I have to push my truck with the boat to get momentum , so two people required .
Same as at the Drayton launch
Only other way is I drive down the shore and put all of my rig into the river to load and unload , front wheels hub deep .
Maybe it's a conspiracy to make us buy new trucks , 4wd's !
I'd rather drive a bennett buggy than a bailout buggy !
Ok enough of this rant .
shallow draft

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i can understand [and it is not really clear] instream work is DFO and bank work is AE.
It is OK to clear cut 1000's of acres of land near creeks and streams to harvest lumber therefore increasing erosion and sedimentation or flood and erode the banks by opening and closing power dams all winter but just try and improve an existing boat launch to prevent damage.
We are usually white males that have jobs and money, maybe we need to be french speaking, first nations descendants, female, handicapped, unemployed and gay to claim some sort of special status.
What we want to do in Rocky is improve the area by using an area that at present is an embarrassment to all. Just by our presence we would be reducing the use by scum bags and cleaning up the garbage, condoms and needles in the area of the boat launch. Most authorities can only see their own narrow world and do not or are not allowed to use much common sense. RCMP were good and as well Fish and wildlife were understanding[they also have need of a good launch]but the AE investigator has taken this crime of the century to a major investigation stautus to find who dug the launch over a year ago. Rumor has it that the canoe club dug it to get the jet boats away from the floaters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> BOAT LAUNCHES All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: