OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

19' HW Sport tweaking - suggestions..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forplay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: 19' HW Sport tweaking - suggestions.. Reply with quote

Hi All – Merry Xmas,

I'm sticking a new ZZ383 I picked up in our 19' HW sport in the next week(has a 330hp 350 spinning 4200 at present). While the wife loves this boat and this sport, she won't quite open the purse yet for me to build an FX boat on top of the one we own (ex motocross, road race, open wheel, stock car racer found a new hobby - and this one is the best of all of them !!), So I'd like to tweak the "family" boat up a bit for the upcoming year or two while I work on her to get something to race hopefully for the 2010 season. I have a new ZZ383 ready for it, and was wondering if aside from throwing a new A impeller in it, (probably stainless the way I drive) if I should go with a short aggressor droop snoop, or maybe pick up one of those race nozzles I see on other boats?

I could live without reverse if the gain substantiated the loss (backing it of the trailer at Devon is about all I use it for), so I'm curious which would be better for the buck. The existing stock nozzle sits about 1-3/4 above the bottom of the hull. (std noz - no place diverter)

I know the Krunick's (think that's the name) style etc cost about a grand, and I can pick up a droop for a couple of hundred - what are your recommendations. Looking closer at the race boats, was thinking maybe a spacer, wedge and race nozzle - but would the money be better spent on a cheap droop and maybe some work on the intake side?

The boat loaded up with the wife, kids, hot dog sticks, lawn chairs, tools, parts, KFC, rum, beer and the wife's coolers runs at present about 55 average (up down avg gps). If I make them all sit in the back with the engine, and throw everything else out but the rum I'd like to get the boat about 70 or so? Is this possible? It's an older boat, delta pad.

Since it's the family boat and not the only boat I intend to own, I really don’t want to throw money putting lipstick on a pig tuning this thing - just want to get the best out of what I have for the money - what would you do with you your experiences?

Best Regards'

Garett
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting on a race nozzel, will gain anywheres from 2-5 mph over the place diverter, race nozzels are not that great for hole shot comapred to the place diverter, and not so good for wake boarding if using it on a lake, there should be a couple used ones out there if you just ask, race nozzels work best with the proper wedging, Outlaw sells them, do not use aluminum impellers, spend the extra $ for stainless, the first time a rock takes out a blade, you will wish you had stainless
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll really like the ZZ in that 19'....I've thought about putting on a 'Chruynk' <(sp) nozzle but do NOT want to lose my Rev or diverter. Welcome to the Board!
Forplay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

I think I'll go ahead and set it up with a race nozzle/start cup for the spring. I've got to run to Red Deer anyways so I'll see if the boys can shed some light on a starting point for the wedge, but expect that will probally be best played with in the spring tuning it.

We got one of those Fiberglass things for the lake, but waiting at launches and all the comotion on the lake is what got me onto the rivers in the firstplace. We never even looked back after we bought this boat, and I enjoy the technical while the wife and kids are awed by the scenery & adventures we have. Great times for sure.

Arthur, I'm really looking forward to having that 383 in it. Decent performance, and not all that bad on fuel. Should be lots of fun. Smile

Regards'

Garett
DOC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2 i can sell you, one long one, one short one, 750 for long one, 500 for short one.
Forplay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Doc,

Sold - I'll take one for sure. I'm thinking the long one for this boat. I saw your post the other night on the other topic, just didn't get around to phoning you to see if you still had one.

I'll give you a call this weekend so we can line up a time I can come grab it from you.

Best Regards, and Thanks !

Garett
780 986 7921
Rapid Transit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a family boat , then rig it for the family and the things you will do, you could end up with a boat that is half way inbetween, not real good for family or not a race boat. ever try to tube,or ski behind, or have reduced manuverability at the dock with the race nozzel on? the extra 3 mph doesn't mean much if you have a boatload, a little more control might make your life easier my 2 cents
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with RT, Id put a hydraulic place diverter on that thing if I were you, you'll get awesome hole shot and you can adjust to maximize top speed. As far as 70 MPH loaded with gear, unless your planning on bolting on a set of twin turbos or a blower on that 383 you can forget about it, the power it takes to go from 55 mph to 70 mph is probably in the 250 to 300 hp range.

www.bullseyeenterprises.ca

follow us on instagram @bulleyeenterprises

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeenterprisespeaceriver?ref=hl
BLOWN INCOME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERES YOUR TWEEEEEEEEK

pro charger 002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.86 KB
 Viewed:  20053 Time(s)

pro charger 002.jpg

TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That i'll do, Vinny has a place diverter on his delta bottom 21", pretty you wouln't trade it for a race snoot would you ?

Like us on Facebook

Forplay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc sold the nozzle awhile ago, so nothing's happened yet.

I originally thought about a Droop and Diverter. The diverter gives me the holeshots & roosts all in one package - perfect. The droop lowers the thrust line a bit, adding some more leverage/lift to the boat. But that cast shit's going to be hanging about a mile out the back - just asking to get ripped off. That's why I thought about just the nozzle.

After your guys' input, along with talking with a few more guys this week with both setups - I think the best thing for this "family" boat - is to stick the diverter on it. Christ it's already going to seem like a new boat with the paint job, new A SS impeller, and an engine that can spin it around 4700 or better, never mind the 400lbs of crap I got out of the boat.

But I still have a question - does lowering the thrust line in these boats give them a bit more top end? If so, maybe you could use a spacer with some wedge in it before the diverter, but adding these transitions might offset any gain?

Blown Income - Nice small block, but I'd rather have those "Twin Turbo's" from Top Dawgs pic in my boat any day ...
TOP DAWG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean like this

twins.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.24 KB
 Viewed:  19978 Time(s)

twins.jpg

Like us on Facebook

Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a short Chrunyk nozzle that I have not used for years. I could be talked in to parting with it. The one thing about running a diverter nozzle where you are running is breaking it off on the sands bars, or cracking it and not knowing it until you hit the River Queen boat like the other guy did. They are OK for deep rivers but wouldn't last very long on the Lower or Uper Red Deer unless you only boat in high water conditions. The short nozzle will turn real good and still get you better MPH that the stock set up. If you re-wedge it for the lake, it will not throw a huge rooster tail at the kids in ther tube (I think!), as I have never had anypne brave enough to tie a rope on the back of my boat.
BTW, The 19' is a great boat.
Photo is mine with stock ZZ4 and B impeller, 1/4 tank of fuel and 3 persons on board.

Copy (2) of Boat photos 023.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.97 KB
 Viewed:  19973 Time(s)

Copy (2) of Boat photos 023.jpg

joker66

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: hmmmm. Reply with quote

72 MPH 4800 RPM with a B impeller what is the ZZ4 doing for H/P and Torque at 4800? How much lighter would youre boat be than my 21? Still trying to get bar hoppin tuned but the numbers seem week?
Bald Man
The Myth.... The Legend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker,,,,,As soon as I pressed the submit button, I remembered that I had the motor had the Louie port matching done on those heads and the 1.6 roller rockers. I think those motors ran around 405 hp. Torque??
Sorry to mislead you guys. The boat is a light weight one and it had a basicly new Precision steel impeller in it that made 3-4 MPH over the Berkley stainless one. This boat has always seemed to run good and high in the water. It helps having Rob and Whitey as friends to help set them up!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: