OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING
ALUMINUM BOAT FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 CBF Race Class Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: 2009 CBF Race Class Rules Reply with quote

2009 CBF Race Class Rules

The Canadian Boating Federation – Western Zone/ Jet River

Unlimited Jet Class – 300 Series Numbers (U300)
•Hull any shape or material with a minimum length of 16 feet (4.88m)
•Unlimited engine restrictions or modifications, any exhaust c/w mufflers
•Propulsion – jet drive
•roll bar (well braced & mounted)

“A” Jet Class – 200 Series Numbers (A200)
•Engine displacement shall not exceed 470 cubic inches (7700 cc)
•Superchargers, blowers & turbos are allowed at 1.8 x cubic inch ratio
•Engine shall use gasoline for fuel, any exhaust c/w mufflers
•Propulsion – jet drive

“B” Jet Class – 151 to 200 Series Numbers (B160)
•Engine displacement shall not exceed 366 cubic inches (6000 cc)
•Superchargers, blowers or turbos are allowed at 1.8 x cubic inch ratio
•Engine shall use gasoline for fuel, any exhaust c/w mufflers
•Propulsion – jet drive

“LS” Jet Class – 100 or 200 Series Numbers (LS100)(Canada Class)
•Engine shall be Chevrolet(LS Engines only) Ford or Dodge
•Supercharged, any carburetor, or fuel injection
•All engines must be factory crate engine & under 400 c.i.
•Engine shall use gasoline for fuel, no dry sumps allowed
•No porting, balancing or engine modifications allowed
•Any exhaust c/w mufflers
•Propulsion – jet drive

“FX” Limited Jet Class – 01 to 99 Series Numbers (FX99)–Crate Motor Class
•Hull any shape or material with a minimum length of 13 feet (3.96m) No glass windshields
•Engine – Chevrolet ZZ4 355 HP crate engine.(GMPP long block part number 24502609) Rebuilt motors must meet OEM specifications & weights. A spec sheet must be filled out for any motor being rebuilt in this class (all specs the same as crate motor) max rebuild 0.030,any oil pan, no roller rockers allowed, No porting, balancing or modifications, Any Ignition, Sporadic Testing.
•Carburetor – 750 CFM max.carburetor & 1”spacer thickness max. 3-0.060 gaskets allowed
•Engines placing in the top 4 positions will possibly have to remove 1 cylinder head during teching after each race, all 0.030 over engines will have to remove 1 cylinder head “ALL GASKETS ETC. AT OWNERS EXPENSE”
•A spec sheet must be presented on your engine at race registration
•Any Racer caught cheating on this engine, the engine will be confiscated, sold & proceeds to charity, & possibly banned from Canadian river racing for the next 3 races
•Exhaust – any exhaust system allowed c/w mufflers
•Engine shall use gasoline for fuel, no dry sump allowed
•Any dual plane intake manifold
•Propulsion – jet drive

Western Zone Jet River Rules

1.Point System for each CBF sanctioned Jet River Race
• 1st place – 25 points
• 2nd place – 23 points
• 3rd place – 21 points
• 4th place – 19 points
• 5th place – 18 points
• 6th place – 17 points
• 7th place – 15 points
• 8th place – 14 points
• 9th place – 13 points
• 10th place – 12 points
• 11th place – 11 points
• 12th place – 10 points
• 13th place – 9 points
• 14th place – 8 points
• 15th place – 7 points
• 16th place – 6 points
• 17th place – 5 points
• 18th place – 4 points
• 19th place – 3 points
• 20th place – 2 points
• 21st place – 1 point
• 22nd place – 0 points
2.All points from each CBF sanctioned race to the BOAT OWNER
3.Drivers may be changed for new races & only for medical reasons otherwise
4.Fx Class will be split between tunnels & v-bottom/step techs for the Canadian Races provided there are 3 boats for each class
5.$100 per boat entry to be paid by each hosting club to Western Zone CBF for overall class prizes split 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20% & paid to the Boat Owner
6.The Overall Canadian Winner will be based on total time for the season for all CBF sanctioned races; this will be sponsored by Outlaw Eagle Manufacturing. The winning boat will run a decal from Outlaw Eagle (Canada # 1) & the winning boat owner will receive $5000.00 cash & 2 jackets with their title & Outlaw Eagle Marine logos. The winning boat will have competed in all CBF sanctioned races.
7.All new racers must have an orientation course & driving test, it is suggested that they start racing in Fx Class
8.“All boaters” Pleasure Craft Operators License effective September 15, 2009
9.World Anti-Doping Alcohol Code in effect January 1, 2009

Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2009 CBF Race Class Rules Reply with quote

Sharlyn wrote:

“LS” Jet Class – 100 or 200 Series Numbers (LS100)(Canada Class)
•Engine shall be Chevrolet(LS Engines only) Ford or Dodge
•Supercharged, any carburetor, or fuel injection
•All engines must be factory crate engine & under 400 c.i.
•Engine shall use gasoline for fuel, no dry sumps allowed
•No porting, balancing or engine modifications allowed

Does this mean any engine under 400c.i. that is built and sold by Ford or Dodge is legal or does it have to be one that was offered in a vehicle?
Will R

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just offered in crate form from ford or dodge.dodge does not really have one comparable but ford has a couple. the 392 crate motor with 475hp and 495ft/lbs of torque i think would be the better choice but there is 2 legal supercharged options out there for more money.
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a higher budget. But I would guess somebody will stuff a 605hp, 550 ft/lb cammer motor in and be legal the way the rules read. Hell they offer one cammer that they call a crate engine that can put out 700hp and 600 ft/lbs . And again the way the rules read I would think they are legal.
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally conviced her wrote:
Obviously a higher budget. But I would guess somebody will stuff a 605hp, 550 ft/lb cammer motor in and be legal the way the rules read. Hell they offer one cammer that they call a crate engine that can put out 700hp and 600 ft/lbs . And again the way the rules read I would think they are legal.

Next year the "LS" Class will be primarily a "Demonstration or Experimental" Class. Racers are allowed to try any engine that falls into the general spirit or *goal of the class, such as the carbed LS3/515hp, EFI LS3/480/500 hp or comparable Ford or Dodge engine, in an effort to find an economical "step up class" from the FX class. The *goal is to find a pump gas crate engine with similar reliability to the ZZ4, cost about $10,000, with around 480-500 hp and will push a tunnel into the 95-100 mph range. The rules are vague on purpose to allow people to try different engines, while keeping the spirit of the class's *goal in mind.

Then we'll meet at the end of next years race season and discuss which, if any engine proved to be suitable for a new "step up class" from the existing FX class. Hopefully one engine from one or more manufacturers will be suitable and then the rules can be refined to be much like the current the FX rules where the new engine(s) will have to remain "crate" stock as supplied from the manufacturer with little or no modifications.

Last edited by MISSBHAVEN on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
finally conviced her

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense I guess.
A new class has to start somewhere.
Good to see there is some reasoning behind how vague it seems to be.
Raven Racing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the direction you guys are going and the thinking behind it! Which Dodge an Ford engines look like the ones to use?

Oops, I see Will has addressed this already.
Jesse LaForest
Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or will a SuperCharged 383/425 be able to run down a 'B' boat? I do really like the way the rule's are going too.... Good work people!!!
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur II:On the rocks wrote:
Is it just me, or will a SuperCharged 383/425 be able to run down a 'B' boat? I do really like the way the rule's are going too.... Good work people!!!

The 383/425 engine doesen't have near enough hp to run down a B boat which have closer to 600-650 hp +/-, depending on who you talk too Rolling Eyes Razz . The Kodiak supercharged 6.0L rated at 504 hp might be an option for someone to try in the new LS Class, however it is about 130 lbs heavier than the carbed LS3/515hp with about the same hp, but it could turn out to be a better engine if it's more reliable, as the reliability factor will be one of the most important factors in choosing an engine for the LS class.

Arthur
Outlaw Eagle Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just guessing if you put a super charger on a "reliable" ZZ383, that you should be able to make close to 600hp??? I'm not positive what a supercharger will gain you....but I know there's potential in this class(LS) for big power.(550hp+ Which is good) Are we talking any SB/LS crate engine that a person can bolt any charger too.....or a turnkey Super Charged engine like the 6L anchor my buddy has in his boat?

Or.... how about a 740H.P. Supercharged LS2

I guess it would be easier if I knew what engine's classified as "LS".
allblowdup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that once they find an engine that is reliable and cost effective than the class will modified to fit the engine so that from a power stand point everything is equal. It doesn't matter what engine you run as long as it meets the the criteria of reliable and cost effective.
Itsworthit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse,
Please post the motor designations as we discussed for this experimental class, there was like only 3 combinations avalible
Will R

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its got to be offered in crate form only from ford dodge or Chev.in my opinion i think the supercharged engines should not be allowed and just the Carburetor and fuel injected versions of the LS3 and the ford 392 crate engines. As cost of these 3 motors is pretty much the same.to many variables to police with supercharged engines i think. Again just my opinion.
MISSBHAVEN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The motor needs to be a "Crate" motor without modifications like a supercharger, it's fine if it comes with a supercharger but one can't be added. Again, the Goal is to have an economical and reliable crate engine that can be installed and raced right out of the crate without the racers having to modify it, which also opens the door for illegal modificatiions.

The engine's that were discussed and agreed upon were the GM crate EFI LS3/480 hp, Carbed GM Crate LS3/515hp and the new GM marine (LS3)LSA/540hp supercharged crate engine. However, the cost of any supercharged engine including the new supercharged GM marine engine will probably be significantly higher than the non supercharged LS3's and therefore may be too high to fit with in the classe's $10,000+/- cost Goal. The new GM supercharged LSA engine hasen't been released with a price yet. This isn't to say that if someone decides to try the new GM supercharged LSA engine in this class and it turns out to be a far superior bullet proof engine compared to the others, that it might be considered.

http://www.gm.com/experience/technology/gmpowertrain/engines/specialized/marine/2009_6200_LSA_Marine.pdf

The Ford 392 475hp/495 tq that Will mentioned above should also fit very well with in the Goals of the class. Other engines may be considered as long as they fit with in the guidlines and Goals of the Class "The *goal is to find a pump gas crate engine with similar reliability to the ZZ4, cost about $10,000, with around 480-500 hp and will push a tunnel into the 95-100 mph range."

Ford 392 info -
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9290

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OUTLAW EAGLE MANUFACTURING Forum Index -> OE GENERAL FORUM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: